Hi Year 12 Media
As promised I have produced a reading list to help with your wider reading and to help with your private study time. I am not expecting everyone to read every item on the list but I would like you to read at least two of them. Some are essays, some are books and some are magazine/journal articles.
At first glance you might wonder how they link to our course but remember that this is about wider reading and so you have to use your own insight, intellect and experience to make links. In January will spend some time discussing these and of course they will also help with your eventual application to university.
- How the Poor Die by George Orwell
- The Icarus Deception (extract) by Seth Godin
- Consider the Lobster by David Foster Wallace
- Ways of Seeing by John Berger
- The Art of Failure by Malcolm Gladwell
- On Freedom of Speech by Christopher Hitchens
- 1984 by George Orwell
- The Outsider/The Stranger by Albert Camus
- Here is a Lesson on Creative Writing – Kurt Vonnegut
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Howl by Allen Ginsberg
- Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka